Creative rewards inspire loyal employees
Published on November 27, 2014 under Latest News
Recognising a job well done is a fantastic way to perk up employee performance. It can be a powerful motivator and it doesn’t have to cost a lot of money. It just takes some creativity and a willingness to say “thank you”.
When you are developing your rewards system to motivate and retain top performing team, create perks that are company-wide and some that highlight specific individuals who have done a great job.
- Take employees who put in extra hours to complete urgent projects out to a nice lunch or slip them some tickets to a movie, play or concert.
- Write a thank you to those who give excellent service to customers and post it in a prominent and visible space.
- Give extra time off to show appreciation for exceptional workers. However this should be exercised with caution as it is likely to lose impact over time and place a heavier burden on remaining staff.
- Offer bonuses. They don’t have to be grand but they are proven motivators and appreciated by employees.
- Publish your customer’s praise of an outstanding employee. Make sure you pass this on to the employee.
- Sending a team email or taking time during a staff meeting is a great way to extend recognition.
- Encourage your team members to recognise their peers by nominating a “team player of the week” or “MVP”.
- Link bonuses to yearly net profit so that all employees work toward a common company goal – “profit related pay”.
- By taking the time to be creative in your rewards program you save money and gain a competitive advantage against like size and bigger organisations that are competing for your employees.
- Creative rewards inspire loyal employees who work hard to make the company successful. When you care about your people, they will care about your company.